Subsidy Information

The Government of Alberta provides financial assistance to lower income families that use a licensed pre-school. The Ministry of Human Services indicates that you can apply for a subsidy if:

  • You, your spouse OR the child receiving care are Canadian Citizens or Permanent residents of Canada

  • You (or your spouse/partner) are an Alberta resident

  • Your children are 12 or under (not yet attending Grade 7)

  • You or your spouse stay-at-home and you have your children in a licensed pre-school

Once a family qualifies for the Government of Alberta Stay At Home subsidy, tuition fees still need to be made directly to the Westend Community Playschool. Once the school has received the subsidy payment from the Government, the school will the reimburse the family for the tuition fees received from the Government.

Visit the Government of Alberta’s Child Care Subsidy page for more information and to apply.


2, 3 and 4 Year Old Programs
Heather Thieson
Phone: 780.819.3335